Click for this year's Ride event details.
Registration is $80. Click to sign up today.
Supporting United Way Durham Region is our primary purpose.
Event Details - Sunday, August 13th, 2017
All new for 2017 is our "Mystery Ride". The course details will not be revealed until the morning of the ride. There will be minimal on road support. (Riders will begin and end at our DDSB home base, and will depart with the mass start group at 8 am). Riders should be able to complete approximately 150 k's (as a tribute to the 150 anniversary of Canada). Riders will be given a map and a GPX file. Riders may ride in groups, and the course will include parts of a gravel trail, but there will be no cross or trail component. Those who complete the route will be eligible for themed 150 celebration prizes (they're a mystery). Join us for a challenge, riding approximately 150 mystery kilometres in Durham.
- Start time for all distances will be 8:00 am
- All courses begin and end at the Durham District School Board Office, 400 Taunton Rd E, Whitby, ON L1R 2K6
- Registration and rider check in opens at 6:30 am
- Riders are strongly encouraged to be on site by 7:30 am
- Riders participating in the TT Challenge* must be on site and checked in by 7:00am
- All new courses
- 5KTT Challenge - Chip Timed - Cash Prizes, ($20.00 Challenge registration fee)
- 4 Distances for the avid cyclist: 60k's, 100k's, 160k's and 150k mystery ride (distances are approximate to provide the best roads possible)
- On course rider support - including food, hydration and check points
- Bike mechanics on duty
- On course communications
- Lunch, showers and massage at the finish
- Incentive, Prizes and financial rebates for voluntary fundraising!
- Questions? Phone us at the United Way 905-436-7377, weekdays, 8:30-4:30
Register before July 1st $60*
Register between July 1st & August 12th $70*
Register Day of Event, August 13th $80*
(*Additional $20 for TT Challenge Chip)
In advance, register now, or phone us at 905-436-7377.
Click for Bike Routes
A little more information if you wish:
Ride4United Way - A ride which supports the work of the United Way of Durham Region. The ride will include 3 courses to accommodate a fairly broad cross section of riders with varying experience and fitness levels. The distances for the avid cyclist will be 60k, 100k, 160k and the 150k mystery ride. While the purpose of the ride is to raise funds for the United Way, it is not mandatory that every rider is involved in soliciting pledges and raising funds. We hope that many people who simply want to ride in beautiful countryside on a fully supported course and enjoy the day and have a bite to eat at the end, will pay the registration fee and join us.
Sunday, August 13th, 2017. The ride will start promptly at 8:00 am with a mass start. Rider registration will open at 6:30 am and all riders are encouraged to be on site no later than 7:30 am. Riders who are participating in the TT Challenge (available to anyone registered in the 160km or 100km routes), must be on site, to register, check in and receive their timing equipment no later than 7:00 am.
The event will start and finish at the Durham District School Board Office 400 Taunton Rd E, Whitby, ON L1R 2K6.
The ride is constructed in such a way that we hope a broad cross section of riders will join us. You will be joined by experienced cycling enthusiasts and experienced road racers, by those interested in cycling for fitness, fun or perhaps those who have been on cycling tours. We hope that the event will encourage people who may not have been on their bike in a while to train and join us as well. In other words, YOU!
*Please note that ALL distances are approximate including the Time Trial due to road construction and rider safety.